This curry cabbage surprise dish is perfect for camping due to the fact that you make it in a black pot which gives more flavors to food.
But if you do not like hiking or camping, then you can still try this very delicious recipe at home. Even the kids will love the cabbage surprise mom is preparing for them for dinner.
Curry Cabbage Surprise Ingredients:
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- Mince, beef
- Curry powder, to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Grated cheese, enough of this
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown beef mince, curry and onion in potjie over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in cabbage, diced tomatoes and tomato puree, and cook over medium heat until cabbage is just tender.
- Add rice and water. Cover with lid.
- Simmer about 25 minutes without lifting the lid till the rice is tender and most liquid is absorbed.
- Remove potjie from coals or heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Replace lid, and allow cheese to melt completely and dish away!
Next Delicious Recipe We Recommend: The Easiest Chicken Pie